Monday, October 27, 2008

Cool Japanese dolls

We went to a Japanese supermarket called Mitsuwa on Saturday. It's in north NJ near New York. My bf loves Japanese food, so he picked up a whole load of groceries. There was also an awesome food court inside, the whole place was buzzing with people. I had some really good udon noodles and then we shared this pancake type thing, I forget the name of it!

As well as the supermarket, there are other little stores in the complex such as a Japanese bookstore and a couple of stores that sell Japanese bowls and tea sets, furniture and other Japanese things.

I came across the stationary section and found lots of cool origami stuff. I bought a couple of things. My favourite is this kit to make little Japanese dolls. They are so cute! I can't wait to make cards with them. Will have to wait til after Christmas though, have to concentrate on Christmas cards!

No comments: